How many applications will be funded?
We anticipate funding at least 5 applications.
How do I apply for a Community grant?
Applications will open July 3, 2023.
What are past examples of funded projects?
Who is eligible to apply for a LHCC Community Grant?
Eligible organizations include non-profits (with 501c3 status), government entities (e.g. village, town, city, or parish governments), universities, schools, and other community-based organizations (e.g. community health centers, FQHCs, or churches). This Community grant does not fund individuals, but they are welcome to partner with an eligible organization.
What is a PSE change?
Can this funding be used for continuation or expansion of existing projects (even from prior years)?
Yes. However, applications that are copy and pasted from the previous year's application will be disqualified.
Our grant application was not funded previously. Can we apply for this cycle?
Yes, complete a new application for consideration this Community grant cycle.
Are there any restrictions associated with this grant?
How will my application be scored?
Your grant application will be scored on the following aspects:
- Completeness of application
- Partnership building (including non-traditional partners outside of your sector and with local coalition)
- Alignment with LHCC vision and mission
- Community need for project
- Organizational capacity to execute project
- Degree that proposal aligns with policy, system, or environmental change
- Intervention’s impact on the public related to obesity or tobacco
- Impact on health disparities, health equity, and social determinants of health
- Sustainability of project beyond Community grant funding
- Environmental friendliness